Our offer to you: grounds maintenance will be carried out regularly by a professional team.
We will undertake regular inspections, carry out works as needed, and record any tree maintenance work required in communal gardens.
What we ask of you: keep the area clear of obstructions and free of litter.
Report any grounds maintenance problems to us as soon as possible.
Our landscaping team will visit on a regular basis and will ensure that communal gardens or external areas are tidy, free from litter and weeds. This includes:
Grass cutting (regularly during the season)
- remove litter, leaves, branches and fallen fruit before cutting
- cut the grass between 20-50mm
- remove trimmings (first cut of year)
- trim the edges.
Shrub and rose beds (regularly during the season)
- cut back from footpaths, roads and windows, and remove weed
- remove dead and diseased shoots
- dead head roses in June, August and October.
Hedges (regularly during the season)
- cut back the previous year’s growth
- cut back from paths, roads & windows
- top level and sides to shape and line
- remove litter & debris from hedge base
- weeds removed from hedge base or chemically treated.
Minor tree maintenance (as required)
- clear base of weeds to 450mm radius
- remove suckers and shoots
- remove climbing plants and ivy
- remove diseased or broken branches
- prune back obstructing branches.
Hardstanding and paved areas (regularly)
- clear weeds, moss and vegetation
- clear litter, grass and leaf build-up
- remove detritus and faeces
- rake gravel areas
- keep gullies, drains & gutters debris free.
Your Grounds Maintenance team will not:
- start before 8am or work after dusk or 5pm, whichever is the earlier, on Monday to Friday
- start before 8am or work after 12 noon on a Saturday
- undertake any other work without obtaining permission from Thrive Homes.
Ground maintenance is seasonal and subject to weather conditions.
For customers who live in a flat with a private garden, refer to the Home Standard by clicking here.