Last updated: 20th December 2021
We’re continuing to work closely with Chequers, your grounds maintenance contractor to resolve ongoing issues. This area provides you with the latest updates on the actions we are taking.
Chequers made some changes to their schedules in November, which means there that you may have noticed your grounds maintenance visit being carried out on a different day. The teams have settled into their new schedules and you should now be getting regular fortnightly visits.
Chequers will be continuing to carry out the grounds maintenance service over the Christmas period, ensuring each site receives a visit once a fortnight. There will be some changes to visit dates due to the bank holidays as follows:
- visits that would usually be on Monday 27th or Tuesday 28th December will take place on Wednesday 29th December
- visits on Monday 3rd January will take place on Tuesday 4th January
The usual service will resume from Monday 10th January 2022.
Chequers has moved away from a two-team approach. Where there was previously a team for grass cutting and another for other grounds maintenance, there is now be one team carrying out your full grounds maintenance service.
Chequers will continue to visit sites fortnightly and will carry out a grass cut if the weather is warm enough. Often, it is possible to mow up until the end of December, but sometimes it is too cold or the grass does not need cutting. It’s at this time that Chequers will commence their winter works.
When Chequers attend site and there is not a requirement to cut the grass, or the weather conditions do not allow, they will focus on other tasks as listed below. This will start towards mid-late November and will be completed by February/March when regular grass cutting will resume.
- Manual edging
- Moss clearance
- Leaf clearance
- Hedge pruning (up to 2m)
- Turning over the beds
- Shrub pruning (up to 2m)
- Rose pruning
- Epicormic growth on trees
- Lower overhanging branches
What other actions are being taken to bring the service back up to standard?
- Chequers has appointed a contract manager to cover Thrive's contract, as well as a senior supervisor who will be looking after our contract.
- We are still working on a solution to share the schedules with customers online. We’re pleased to say these will be available by summer 2022 and we will be in touch to let you know when you can access them!
- We are continuing to hold weekly meetings so we can closely monitor issues and improvement action plans.
- We have secured credits for missed or partial visits between April to September and we will ensure service charge accounts are adjusted accordingly so customers aren’t paying for a service they haven’t received. You will be notified of any balance changes in September 2022.
We’d like to thank all our customers for bearing with us whilst we resolve these issues, we’re committed to getting it right and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
We promise to keep you informed and will update this page with any changes and in the meantime, we're keen to hear from you to understand any specific issues on your estate.