As a Mindful Employer, Thrive is committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently.
Launched in 2004, Mindful Employer is a UK wide initiative run by Devon Partnership NHS Trust. By signing the Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health, Thrive Homes has made a public commitment to support the mental wellbeing of our colleagues.
We have made an on-going commitment to:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill-health.
- Not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- Be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition.
- Support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- Ensure we are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- Make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill-health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.