Managing your block and its surroundings is our shared responsibility. Working together we can ensure the health and safety of everyone and keep service charges down.
Our offer: the shared areas that belong to Thrive are checked regularly to ensure they meet health & safety standards.
What we ask of you: report any health and safety concerns to us and do not cause any health and safety risks.
We inspect for:
- hazards (electrical, trip, broken manhole cover, bulk rubbish and overflowing bins)
- defects (doors, windows, lighting, paths)
- items stored in communal areas
- graffiti, vandalism and signs of anti-social behaviour.
We remove and dispose of any items left in communal areas and take appropriate enforcement action under the terms of the tenancy or lease.We will:
- photograph, identify and label items that are a fire risk
- serve a notice under the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977 immediately– a copy will be delivered to every flat in the block stating when the items must be removed by.
For your own and your neighbours’ health and safety, it is important that you:
- do not store or display personal items in communal areas, cupboards or under the stairs, including furniture, plant pots, mobility scooters, pictures, pushchairs, doormats, bicycles, rubbish and shoes
- park cars, motorbikes, bicycles and authorised mobility scooters in designated areas only
- do not keep any untaxed or unauthorised (commercial) vehicles on site
- clean up after your pets, including dog mess
- keep bin areas and rubbish chutes clean and clear.