If you have a disability that stops you being able to make use of your home or live independently, Thrive Homes may be able to adapt your home to make it easier for you to manage.
However, not every home is suitable for adaptions and we can often offer you other solutions that you might want to consider, including moving to alternative accommodation.
If you only need minor works, please ask and we will see if we can help. These include things like:
- grab rails – to help you move around safely in the home
- lever taps – to help you turn taps on and off in the kitchen and bathroom
- banister rails – to help you go up and down stairs safely
- additional lighting – to help you if your sight is affected.
Ring our customer service centre on 0800 917 6077 or email email@example.com to find out more information. You will need to be up-to-date with your rent before we will offer to carry out work on your home.
If you think you may need some major adaptations to your property you will need an assessment from an occupational therapist. If you live in Hertfordshire, contact Hertfordshire County Council Occupational Therapists’ Adult Care Services on 0300 123 4040. If you are in Buckinghamshire, ring Buckinghamshire County Council on 01296 395000 or 0845 3708090.
Major works include things like:
- level access shower – installed instead of a bath to help you to look after your personal care
- stair lift – to help you go up and down the stairs
- ramps – to help you get into and out of your home safely
- widening door openings – to help you if you need to use a wheelchair in your home.
If you need advice on adaptations for a child (under 19 years) contact Hertfordshire Children Schools & Families on 01923 471500. If you are in Buckinghamshire, ring Buckinghamshire County Council on 01296 395000 or 0845 3708090.