What We Do
Our Frontline are responsible for providing the day to day service to our customers (internal and external), providing comprehensive advice & support, supplying compliance and issues resolution with specialist know-how.
Thrive is an exciting place to work. We challenge ourselves and others to deliver results and think differently. We share positive stories and messages, and respect each other and our customers.
Our leaders adopt a coaching and mentoring approach – enabling and empowering others to deliver. They embrace change and encourage a strong focus on results.
This frontline role will be customer focused, providing a range of comprehensive advice and support to our customers delivered through the contact centre – with the aim of resolving issues at first point of contact (FPOC). You will be leading a team to provide a range of services. Providing advice and support on housing related enquiries and property repairs – diagnosing, scheduling works and home visits provided by, and supporting, our Field operations and service providers. To manage and co-ordinate formal and informal complaints as well as compliments for the business.
This role will be measured on your effectiveness and performance of the team delivering a frontline service to our customers. Outcomes will be measured against agreed targets and objectives -that reflects our Vision & Values, statutory requirements and best practice – and is aligned to our strategic objectives , as well as the following success criteria:
• Supporting a team providing a compressive range of advice, guidance and support for our customers in line with business and team objectives – through contact centre channels i.e. digital services, (inbound / outbound) email, text, phone and written correspondence.
• Managing customer expectations in line with Thrive’s Service Offer and adherence to policy.
• Ensure effective communication with team via chinwags, team meetings and performance reviews.
• Encourage team creativity and innovation – create an environment for this to develop.
• Achieve individual and team performance – Contact Centre Service targets, turnaround times, planning and scheduling criteria – FPOC and resolution of issues/ complaints.
• Development of knowledge across the team to ensure cross functional support is embedded within the team. i.e. primary and secondary functions by team members to address peaks in activity.
• Co-ordination of formal and informal complaints to include diagnosis, logging, monitoring and resolving complaints, where possible before escalation.
• Liaising with service areas to ensure complaints are responded to within target time.
• Quality checking responses before they go out to ensure consistency and in line with Thrives complaints policy.
• To run, update and provide commentary on the complaints reports and summary reports on a monthly and ad hoc basis.
• Help identify areas of service improvement and analyse trends.
• Provide support and cover in the absence of the Customer Contact – Lead and team members
• Escalation of ongoing issues, H&S, and compliance – to ensure the relevant business function is informed, manage 1st level complaints.
• Collaboration and support across the team and business to achieve resolution of issues.
The successful candidate will be able to easily engage with our customers and people across all levels within the business. They will be flexible, resilient and confident – able to offer advice and support in a fast paced environment. They will be able to work on their own initiative, with a collaborative approach to get the best from the team, and capable of seeing the bigger picture. They will have a good attention to detail, be able to work to strict deadlines and take ownership for the team’s performance and service delivery.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
• GCSE (or equivalent) grades A-C to include Maths & English.
• 5 years’ Customer service experience essential.
• Management or Customer service qualification NVQ level 3 or above (D) desirable.
• Experience of delivering Customer Service and support through a housing or property maintenance environment, Contact Centre or Service desk.
• Experience of leading a team in contact centre environment to success, through performance management and team development.
• Experience in managing and co-ordinating formal and informal complaints.
• Good knowledge of IT systems, i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, internet, CRM administration and scheduling / planning systems.
• Managing customer expectations, through a variety of communication channels.
• Excellent communications skills – verbal and written.
• Adaptable to change and new technology
Thrive Values – What Drives You? Thrive Behaviours – What you need to be like
Our values drive the way we behave with each other, our customers and stakeholders.
All staff demonstrate the following values:
In addition we aspire to be Positive Resilient People and adopt key behaviours in order to deliver this.
• Ownership and Accountability – we encourage others to think individually– giving them the tools to take ownership and accountability.
• Curiosity and questioning – we are curious and questioning in approach – with a keen interest in learning, and developing ourselves and others.
• Creative thinking – we encourage our staff to be open minded and do things differently.
• Positive, can-do approach – we stretch ourselves and our teams to deliver, and don’t simply accept the status quo.
• Challenge and hold to account – we have the confidence to challenge ourselves and others, and hold each other to account.
• Empower and enable – we involve others in decision making and taking outcomes forward.
• Results and success focussed – we focus on results and outcomes, and not inputs. We are ambitious for the organisation and our customers.